|Paying Court Fines - New Law
Starting July 1, 2017, a new law makes it easier to make a payment agreement
for unpaid court fines and get your license back.
UNDER THE NEW LAW
- Courts will consider how much you can afford to pay.
- If you failed to pay on a past payment plan, you may request another one.
- Remove barriers to getting your license back by setting up a payment plan in each court.
- Required down payments are less: first time pay plan, maximum down payment is 5%.
- Time to pay, or term, is flexible: 6 - 24 months.
- If you owe fines in several courts, you must pay each separately. Drive-To-Work can accept one deposit and make payments for you to several courts.
- If you miss a payment: 10 day grace period to make it good.
Call Drive-To-Work for planning, assistance and making your payments. You supply the funds.